Photo courtesy: Ryan Lobo
Poverty and lack of access to quality education are main reasons that deprive children in North East India of their right to education, development and a happy childhood. It is this lack of education and consequent employability that leads many youngsters to join armed groups or fall prey to drugs and crime. Sunbird attempts to tackle the root causes ensuring they are able to attend school. Join us in reaching out to these marginalized and underprivileged children in a neglected part of India. Every contribution counts!
- Rs 200 ensures a child is provided with “an egg a day” or equivalent vegetarian diet to supplement the child’s nutrition for a month
- Rs 275 underwrites the tuition fees for a child for a month
- Rs 2,200 provides a child with an egg a day or equivalent vegetarian diet for every school day in a year
- Rs 3,300 ensures a child is able to attend school for a full year (Tuition Fees)
- Rs 19,600 caters for boarding fees of a child for a year allowing underprivileged children from remote forest and hill villages to attend school
- Rs 23,000 ensures a child from a remote village is able to both attend school and stay at a hostel near the school for a year (Tuition and Boarding Fees). The child will additionally benefit from mentorship programmes at the hostel.
For Sunbird Team:
- Rs 4,000 covers the administrative expenses for a Sunbird Team representative of a designated area for a month
- Rs 3,800 caters for a month’s salary of a Primary School teacher at the Sunbird supported Friendship School at Muvanlai Village, Churachandpur District, Manipur
One Time Donation
This will help us:-
- Build infrastructure like hostels, toilets and classrooms for the most deserving institutions.
- Provide amenities like solar lights and clean water
- Provide educational infrastructure like computers, projectors, library books and teaching aids
- Provide essential recreational and sports facilities for children
Crossed cheques can be made in name of “Sunbird Trust” and sent to the following address: –
Sunbird Trust, C/O Air Cmde M C Rego (Retd), 23/2 Rest House Crescent, Bangalore – 560001
(Mobile Number +91-7022260784 to be quoted for courier delivery)
“All donations to Sunbird Trust are 50% Tax exempt u/s 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961”
Remember, Every Donation
- Directly benefits an underprivileged child.
- Allows reallocation of a poor family’s resources to other children and basic necessities like food.
- Helps pay for salaries of staff at remote village schools.
- Indirectly impacts the entire community.